Sunday, January 10, 2016

Just in Case You Wondered if Mindset is Important


The quote below came from a story Rusty Simmons wrote on 12/26/15 from the SanFrancisco Chronicle. We here in Northern California are currently spoiled when it comes to NBA hoops. We have an ultra-dynamic team with a super organizational structure promoting excellence at every turn…and we have Stephen Curry on the floor nearly every night doing magic tricks. If you ever wondered how important mindset is in high level performance then take a moment and read this from Rusty Simmons…thanks Rusty!

He recently told Time magazine that he believes he is the best player in the NBA.

“Yes, in my mind, I do, because that’s the confidence I need to have when I step on the floor every single night,” Curry told the local media Thursday. “I need that level of expectation to try to get better, to be as consistent as I can and to have that killer instinct that I can do pretty much anything I want on the court. I need to have that mentality. When I’m out there taking shots and making plays, in my mind, I have the utmost confidence in myself. I think anybody should have that.
 
“I don’t ever rank anybody. There are so many great players in this league, and if you ask any of them, if their answer is any different, I would be surprised. If you don’t have that mentality, you’re going to get exposed.”

No comments: